Events & Retreats
Henry David Thoreau
Natural Pause Retreat
DATE – Please Inquire | Facilitator Werner Gaigher
A retreat space located in Courchevel, Franschoek, an easy hour’s drive from Cape Town city centre, dedicated to healing through mindfulness, somatic experiencing, breath work, nature connection and other modalities for the deeper exploration of consciousness and spirituality.
What is on offer is an experience that will deepen your understanding and connection with yourself and nature while leaving you with tools that can easily be integrated to life outside of the retreat space. The aim is to create a sense of ease within the mind, and rhythm and flow within the body. Anyone is welcome. The retreat will serve as a starting point for anyone beginning their journey into mindfulness as well as for those wanting to expand and deepen their current practice.
We also offer accommodation for when you want to spend some time integrating your journey or just need to get away from it all.
Each participant will be guided and supported throughout the day by Werner Gaigher, a mindfulness facilitator. He runs a private practice called Soma Restorative Studio and teaches mindfulness in a range of settings for groups and individuals.
- Coffee and pressed Juice on arrival
- Light lunch (please advise us if you have any dietary requirements.
- Late afternoon Lunch
- Horse and Human interaction
- Restorative Practices
Complete the booking below or Contact us on
+27 82 648 9831
Courchevel Pony Camps / Weekend Private Camps
INQUIRE FOR PRIVATE PONY CAMPS
The emphasis is on a fun learning experience for all kids interested in horses. The programme consists of riding lessons, outrides, and ‘hands on’ care of horses, activities, lectures, and games.
No previous riding experience is required as all riding abilities are catered for, in a controlled environment. We take children from 6 years and up. All activities are supervised by experienced instructors, who all have Level 1 First Aid certificates.
The day starts at 07.00 and ends at 16.30 each day, with and hour lunch in between.
Your child may come for individual days or for the whole camp.
The price includes all meals, juice and all materials for activities.
You are welcome to bring you own horse/pony, you are then responsible for its food.
Courchevel is a 21 hectare farm with 6 self-catering cottages and a barn which can accommodate 13 horses inside and large paddocks outside. Currently we have 20 horses on the farm including livery horses. We cater for all breeds and disciplines. Everyone is welcome on Courchevel, competitive and non-competitive.
Coenie our trainer/instructor started riding at the age of 5. After school he starting working full time with horses as an assistant instructor in Worcester. He qualified in his South Arican National Instructors plan in 2013. Coenie is a well experienced qualified trainer/ instructor. He loves working with kids and also instructs disabled children/adults. Your child will be in great hands with Coenie and his team of grooms.
What to Expect
- Loads of Fun!
- To learn how to feed, groom and tack up a pony!
- Cleaning of stables – Which team is the best?
- Mini lectures on feed, tack and anatomy of the horse.
- Shoeing of hooves.
- Arena games – on foot and mounted
- Indoor activities such as making a rosette.
- Daily fun quizzes
- Learn to vault safely (gymnastics on horseback)
- Horse behavior and how to understand them.
- Riding lessons and Outrides
- Horse riding teaches children patience and perseverance and gives them a Sense of teamwork and responsibility.
- Children are placed in groups and work as teams.
- Activities are all age appropriate and therefore may vary from group to group
What to Bring
- Riding slacks / jodhpurs if you have/ Jeans – NOT shorts
- Riding hat (you can hire one if you don’t have one)
- Riding Boots (or a hard heeled shoe) NO TAKKIES or plastic shoes for riding.
- Old comfortable clothes (you will get dirty)
- Gum boots and takkies for outdoor and stable duties.
- Sunblock and peak cap
- Swimming costume and towel
- Personal toiletries (shampoo, toothbrush and paste, hairbrush etc)
- Warm clothes / Pyjamas
Date: 27 – 29 June / 1-3 July 2022
Including hoodie, food and drinks. Each child will also receive a rosette and theory booklet.
Coenie Sieckers: 00 63 320 8699
Sonja Hellinger: 00 82 55 97565
Nicole Hellinger: 00 82 648 98 31
Email us at email@example.com